A PROCESS TO EQUIP PEOPLE TO INITIATE, BUILD AND MULTIPLY THE LOCAL CHURCH, FAITH COMMUNITIES & DISCIPLESHIP GROUPS, SO THAT EVERY FOLLOWER OF JESUS HAS A PLACE FOR CONNECTION, GROWTH AND EQUIPPING.
SENT 6:7 IS AN OBEDIENT-FAITH/APPLICATION-FOCUSED BIBLE-STUDY AND EQUIPPING PROCESS.
As we mature in Christ, we discover that God has done two things that require a response. First, He has called us to Himself. Second, He has called us to others…both to help believers in these two callings, and to help non-believers in coming to these two callings (see Matthew 22:37-40, Mark 3:14). This part of our life with God (helping non-believers discover these two callings) is what Paul describes as the Ambassadorial role. So, the “job description” of any believer or church, three major categories exist: personal growth, evangelism, and discipleship.
The Goals of Sent 6:7
- Provide a place for personal growth, community and mission
- Equip all with personal ministry skills (CoJourner, Prayer-Care-Share lifestyle)
- Establish a rhythm for the disciple-making path / mobilizing followers of Jesus (3/3s method for interaction, simplicity and transferability)
- Reinforce healthy church function and multiplication
Overall Process of Sent 6:7
- The mobilization training is called LAUNCH – Preparing to lead ((The Changing Face of Evangelism & the Well-being of the City seminar and the 10 sessions represented in this booklet). The goal of Launch is to mobilize and equip leaders for missional living and to become facilitators of this process.
- Our disciple-making pathway is called PURSUE – Foundations for growth (Foundational Bible Studies, Study of Gospels, Study of Acts). The goal is to establish people in their faith and mission.
Our focus on leadership development is called DEVELOP – Peer coaching among leaders (topical studies for monthly or quarterly meetings). This is a community for leadership development and missional effectiveness.
Training material of Sent 6:7
Introductory Session: The Changing Face of Evangelism & the Well-being of the City
Session 1: The Mission of Jesus
Session 2: Keeping in Step with the Spirit
Session 3: Becoming a CoJourner
Session 4: God-Prepared People
Session 5: Sharing Your Personal Story
Session 6: Sharing the Gospel Personally
Session 7: Building Bridges
Session 8: The Disciple-Making Pathway
Session 9: The Art of Neighboring
Session 10: Celebration & Commissioning
Principles of 'Sent 6:7'
We need to constantly initiate and engage in spiritual conversations with the world.
New believers have many friends who do not yet know Christ. They have just tasted the grace and love of God. They have passion to share the love of God with their friends.
Every believer can take part. God distributes gifts according to His plan. Mobilization depends on relationships, being spiritually dependent and quality training. Therefore, all can be sent.
God is already at work in so many places. Find out where and how God is at work. If God is working in your area, invite others to come and learn from you.
Remember, it is difficult to transfer complex content and process. Multiplication depends on the transferability of the tools, strategies, content and process you have.
Relationships and training go together. Without effective on-the-job coaching fruitfulness is hard to sustain.
Making disciples who make disciples is fueled by passion for evangelism, and the ability to identify, train and coach potential church planters from newly established churches and missional communities.
Jesus told us that we can do nothing without Him (John 15:6). We must abide in Christ and partner with Him as He builds His victorious Church. We must mobilize prayers, walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, and believe in God for greater things (John 14:12-17).